Installing #SNMP Library on Windows¶
By Lex Li
This page shows you how to install #SNMP Library to your project on Windows.
In this article:
The easiest way to get started building applications with #SNMP Library is to install via NuGet in the latest version of Visual Studio 2015 (including the free Community edition).
- Install Visual Studio 2015.
Be sure to specify that you include the Windows and Web Development.
- Install latest NuGet Package Manager.
This will install the latest NuGet tooling.
- Open/create an empty Windows Forms project.
- Install #SNMP Library NuGet packages following NuGet conventions.
In 10.0.0 release, the platform extensions package is required for .NET Framework, Xamarin.iOS, and Xamarin.Android applications so as to use DES/AES encryption. This package is no longer needed in release 10.0.1 and above.
#SNMP Library source code can be directly used in your project.
- Download the source code from GitHub, or clone the repo directly.
prepare.baton Windows (or
prepare.shon non-Windows platforms) to prepare the code base for compilation.
- Open/create a empty Windows Forms project in a solution.
- Add SharpSnmpLib.csproj (release 10.0 and above), and SharpSnmpLib.Full.csproj (10.0.0) in
SharpSnmpLibdirectory to your solution.
SharpSnmpLib.Android.csproj and SharpSnmpLib.iOS.csproj might be used to target Xamarin platforms for release 10.0.0. They are no longer needed for 10.0.1 release and above.